Saturday, January 8, 2011

Statement of Gratitude

I guess an update is in order...I have been writing a lot, just not posting. I'm working on several really exciting creative projects with modeling. Well, more than modeling- I'm doing set design, makeup, hair, etc. I have found that art is the best way for me to keep my demons at bay. I expect the work I have to come will be quite controversial, but I wouldn't want it any other way. I refuse to censor myself and I encourage the "audience" and my community of fellow artists to explore what the concept means to him/her as well as society.

I've also been looking to get more publications, the next step in my artistry, so to speak. "I just want you to know who I am." I hope that my openness will come across not just online, but in print/on paper, and that it will encourage others to be honest with themselves and other people. I want people to know that they are not alone in their own quirks, dark secrets, perceived negativity...I'm right there with you. If I have any goal for my art, it is that it will inspire others to express themselves. I hunger for a connection with as many people as possible. When we reveal our inner selves to others, the walls come crashing down. We become one- I am no one.

This craving for connections comes from the feedback and communications I have had with other artists that I have collaborated with or who I admire from afar. It started with one photo shoot- and I found this whole world of beauty and exposed confusion. For most of my life I have looked for people that I can REALLY relate to- and I have found them through art. My wildest dreams have come true. People ask me what is on my "bucket list," and I can honestly say that most of those items are already checked off. I feel so blessed to be on this Earth...I just feel overwhelmed with the beauty in people and the spiritual world.

That little bit doesn't begin to describe how grateful I am feeling right now, but that will have to do. I have isolated this space for only my written work, but I am working on mixed media projects with some very talented photographers and recording artists that I will soon post here as well.

Keep creating beauty, and know that we are exploring this strange place together.

Love,
Laureate

1 comment:

  1. .. the closest to heaven that I'll ever be.
    "afar" is too far

    ReplyDelete